Do you have a teenager who is strongly resisting the idea of wearing braces? They may be a candidate for Invisalign Teen, a preferred alternative that doesn’t involve brackets, wires or bands. At the office of Dr. William R. Kincer, we know the drawbacks that teens face during orthodontics. Whether it is sports, school, dating, band or hanging out with friends, Invisalign allows them to enjoy the things they love to do without their orthodontic treatment getting in the way.
Invisalign Teen works just like Invisalign for adults but with a few modifications tailored to younger patients. Your teen will be given a series of clear, custom-made aligners that are changed out every 1-2 weeks. Little by little, the teeth gradually move to create a straight and beautiful smile. For the treatment to be effective, the aligners must be worn approximately 22 hours out of the day. Invisalign Teen is uniquely equipped with built-in compliance indicators to track your teen’s wear. Invisalign Teen also offers six replacement aligners free of charge to accommodate common mishaps.
Why Teenagers Love Invisalign
As a busy and socially-conscious teen, there are countless benefits to be gained from Invisalign versus traditional braces. Here are just a few:
- Boosted Self-Confidence:
- Teens are especially influenced by their appearance and how they are perceived by others. The clear and highly discreet design of Invisalign Teen means that their emotional health and self-esteem can be protected during orthodontic treatment.
- More Comfortable:
- Invisalign Teen uses thin, smooth aligners. Teens won’t have to deal with poking wires or mouth irritations like they would with braces.
- Better Fit for Teen Lifestyle:
- Many teens are involved in sports or play an instrument. Not only can bulky brackets get in the way but the frequent orthodontic appointments required for braces can be extra difficult to squeeze in. Invisalign solves these issues and allows teenagers to do what they love to do.
- Improved Oral Hygiene:
- By removing the aligners to brush and floss, teens don’t have to struggle with keeping their gums and teeth healthy during orthodontics. Staining, decay and gingivitis can be common concerns for teens in traditional braces.
- No Restricted Foods:
- Since the aligners are removed for eating, teens won’t have to give up their favorite foods. They can enjoy popcorn at a movie or have the occasional piece of candy without the fear of it getting stuck or damaging a bracket.
Are you ready to learn more about Invisalign Teen? Simply contact our West Cobb office to schedule a consult with Dr. William R. Kincer. We promise a comfortable and rewarding experience!